Summer is the season of barbecues, fireworks, and sunshine. As you enjoy time with friends and family and soak in the sun, you can also enjoy having a straighter smile with Invisalign. Traditional braces make it difficult to relax and enjoy foods like ribs, wings, corn on the cob or chips, but Invisalign allows you to fully enjoy life without sacrificing the foods you love.
How It Works
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign can be removed when you eat. To shift your teeth over time, individual trays are made with computerized pictures of your mouth. As you change these trays out over your treatment time, they will slowly shift your teeth to the correct position. In a short time period, you can have a healthier, straighter smile without the discomfort and embarrassment of traditional braces.
For those who want straight teeth but don’t want to go the route of traditional braces, Invisalign offers an alternative with many benefits.
· Comfort: Trays can be removed for eating or just for a simple break when your mouth is uncomfortable. It is recommended that you wear your trays for 22 out of 24 hours each day.
· Appearance: With Invisalign, your trays are virtually unnoticeable, as they are clear and molded closely to your teeth.
· Faster Treatment: Metal braces can take up to five years to complete treatment while Invisalign is usually done in 18 months or less.
· Safety: With smooth, comfortable clear braces, there are no concerns about metal wires or chunks cutting your mouth throughout the day. Clear braces can also reduce damage caused by cavities and gum disease that are common during traditional treatment.
· Expectation: Treatment plan is completely computerized, so you can see exactly how your smile will change over time and what results you will have.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options for a Healthier Smile
At Wrightsville Dental, Dr. Gainer offers a long list of cosmetic dentistry options that improve your smile and self-confidence. As technology allows for less invasive treatment, we encourage you to contact usand schedule an appointment today to learn more.