Preventive Dentistry – Wilmington, NC
Turn to us for your oral cancer screening and preventive care
Preserve Your Oral Health with Preventive Dentistry
Preventive care and oral cancer screening
Maintain Optimal Oral Health for Life
One of the best ways to ward off oral health issues at any age is by taking extra care to brush and floss regularly, keep up with dental appointments, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. James Gainer serves patients with a wide range of procedures and preventive dentistry treatment that can reduce the risk of gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth loss. Turn to us for your annual oral cancer screening and patient education tips to maintain healthy teeth and gums throughout your lifetime.
Learn more about preventive dentistry treatments and services that can preserve your oral health by scheduling your appointment eat Wrightsville Dental today!
Interested in Scheduling an Appointment? Request One Today!
Many oral health problems are preventable but only some patients are proactive enough about their oral health to actually lower their risk of common problems. Our preventive dentistry measures include:
- Encouraging patients to brush and floss regularly
- Showing patients how to brush correctly
- Setting a high standard for home care routines for younger patients
- Recommending sealants and fluoride treatments for certain patients
- Scheduling regular dental visits that include an oral cancer screening
Oral Pathology Exam
Oral cancer is extremely dangerous but can be diagnosed early with an oral pathology exam. This exam can be combined with your comprehensive annual exam so that we can take a good look at the health of your soft and hard tissues using various tools, including digital x-rays and an intraoral camera.
We encourage all patients to come in for an annual oral cancer screening that allows us to:
- Examine the tongue and soft tissues
- Check the oral cavity for red or white patches and sores
- Check the tissues for lumps or lesions
- Perform a biopsy for further testing
Can’t Call Us Now?
Complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you at a more convenient time.
We Are Always Accepting New Patients!
Call us today to schedule your new patient appointment or visit our appointments page to request an appointment online!